For any roof replacement or repair, the contractor you hire to service your home is equally as important as the material you choose. You need someone experienced, certified, and highly-trained to service any and all improvements to your roof; you need the experts at Ridgeline Construction Roofing & Exteriors. We’re your metal roofing pros, here to break down some of the most important aspects when considering a metal or aluminum residential roof like the overall benefits, the various types of metal roofs, what you can expect cost-wise, and what the installation process looks like.
Get an In-Depth Look at Metal Roofing
Your roof is one of the cornerstones of your home. It’s the first line of defense against the elements, keeping your family and home protected, and determining what material you use can have a significant impact on the quality and lifespan of your home’s frontline. While there are a plethora of options when it comes to residential roofing materials, it’s widely accepted that metal or aluminum roofing is one of the best choices on the market today.
What is Metal Roofing?
Typically made from aluminum, copper, or steel, metal roofing material is commonly used for both commercial and residential roofs. Steel roofs require a top-coating of zinc assuring the protection and longevity of your home’s roof. Aluminum roofs don’t require this added layer and can be personalized with any color. Copper is regularly used for its unique color, and requires no painting or coating to look and perform its best for your home or business’s roof.
What are the Styles of Metal Roofing?
Aside from the varying types of metal you’re using to build or replace your roof, there are also several style options you can choose from. These include shingles and slate, tile, shake, vertical panels, and standing seam.
- Shingles & Slate — This is the most traditional style of metal roof, and offers the standard look of many roofs built today. While it will resemble asphalt shingles, metal shingles and slate provide a superior safeguard that cannot be found in other commercial and residential roofing materials.
- Tile — Metal tiled roofs are most commonly found in the Southwest region of the United States, and are an upgrade from the formerly used clay roofing materials. One great benefit of metal, as opposed to clay, is that metal is much lighter, meaning less strain on your home’s foundation.
- Shake — Shake metal roofing material is designed to resemble beautiful cedar roofs, but with a modern twist. Additionally, a metal shake roof will require far less maintenance and repair than a cedar-shingled roof.
- Vertical Panels — Vertical panels are likely the style you think of when envisioning a metal roof, and simply consist of large overlapping panels.
- Standing Seam — Standing seam metal roofing is easily the longest-lasting of all of the metal roof styles. These roofs are built to last a lifetime, and then some, and while they are pricier, they withstand the test of time.
The Benefits of Metal Roofing
Metal roofs provide multiple benefits. On an environmental note, metal roofs are 100% recyclable, while more traditional asphalt roofs are more likely to eventually end up in a landfill. Metal roofs are both fire and weather-resistant, adding an extra layer of security and comfort to your home’s roof. Lastly, metal roofs are incredibly durable, and can have a lifespan of 30-50 years. Asphalt roofs will need to be replaced at the latest 20 years after installation.
Cost of Metal Roofing
The cost of your metal roof can depend on several different factors. First, the square footage and the size of your home will certainly have an impact on the total cost to replace, replace, or build. Another defining cost involves the cost of labor, and who you choose to install your roof. This is not something to cut corners on, you need your roof built by the pros.
Installation Process With Ridgeline
Ridgeline Construction Roofing & Exteriors is your metal roofing installation expert. Whether it’s commercial or residential, we deliver top-notch service with only the highest-quality materials. We’ll walk you through every step of the way, and make sure your home or business is as protected as possible.
Areas We Serve
Ridgeline Construction Roofing & Exteriors is proud to have locations all over Alabama and into Florida. Our immediate areas of service include the following:
- Athens, AL
- Decatur, AL
- Fairhope, AL
- Florence, AL
- Gulf Shores, AL
- Guntersville, AL
- Huntsville, AL
- Madison, AL
- Mobile, AL
- Spanish Fort, AL
- Crestview, FL
- Destin, FL
- Gulf Breeze, FL
- Pensacola, FL
- Navarre, FL
- Niceville, FL
- Tampa, FL
Utilizing the right roofing material is paramount to safeguarding your home or business. We are well equipped with both the materials and the experience to deliver a long-lasting and safe roof. So when it’s time to build, replace, or repair your metal roof there’s only one name you need to remember, Ridgeline Construction Roofing & Exteriors.